minnamade minutes

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Bad Snarky! No donut!

Jeez Louise, y'all. You need to tell me when I leave cliffhangers like that. Sheesh! :slaps own wrist:

The secondary mammogram (which hurt infinitely MORE than the first) resulted in two ultrasounds and a good old fashioned grope by the radiologist.

Turns out my left, um, "kitten" is smaller than my right and asymmetrical to boot. Who knew? I most certainly did not, and they're right under my nose. Literally!

Happily, my left breast, along with being small and misshapen, is also perfectly healthy. I'm not scheduled for another mammogram until I'm 35 (or if I/we find a lump). Yay for asymmetrical, healthy b00bs!

The house stuff continues toward closing. Last week's house inspection resulted in a little addendum/counter-offer/counter-counter-offer action at the end of the week, but we're back on track to landed gentrydom.

I'm continuing to knit on the Phoenix DarkityMa Pi Are Square Shawl of DOOM but have plans in the mix to do some gift knitting (gnitting?) before and during The Move, which will probably be spread over the month of May.

I'm gonna close with a little cheesecake pic of one of the neat-o spaces in this here house. It's a little L-shaped room that the previous owners finished in the attic for their dog. There are little arched cutouts (I call them "hobbit holes") in the master bedroom suite to access this room. Can you say reading/knitting/stash nook? (Well, it's a bit cramped and there is a lot of sun on the one end... but there's a lot of stashy places in this house!)

4 Comments:

  • Hooray Minna! I'd take odd shapped boobs over nasty-lump ones anyday. I am digging the hobbit hovel. You mean the cats have not staked a claim to that sweet space?

    By Blogger UrbanGypZ, at 6:32 PM  

  • Technically, the house will belong to the cats, we're just there as litter box cleaners/food & water bowl replenishers/makers of the warm laundry.

    I am rather fond of my oddly shaped kittens. They match my crooked ears.

    By Blogger minnaming, at 10:14 PM  

  • Congrats, Minna! That's fantastic - both about the boobs and the house!! Wohoo!!! Yippee!

    By Blogger LindseyO, at 9:07 AM  

  • Thanks, zee! We just got through signing our lives away with the mortgage paperwork (still more life-signing-away-ing to be had at the actual signin in a couple (!!) weeks).

    By Blogger minnaming, at 11:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home