minnamade minutes

Monday, January 09, 2006

Out with the old... No, seriously!

First off, I owe Bliss a huge hello! Hi! I had suspicions that you were you, but didn't pursue them. Sorry I haven't written back yet. Life's been crazy, but that's no excuse. I've just been lazy.

Onwards, lest I get kicked out of the ring (if I haven't already... do you know if and when that happens? Or is it a stealth kicking-off?)

I'm.... still working on the DarkityMa Shawl. But! I'm finally to the lace edging. As I was preparing to do this (The Lace Edging of DOOM, that is) I had the unsettling realization that I misread Mme. Zimmermann's instructions and had knit not a half circle + a bit of a shawl, but a full circle + some fiddly bits! Argh! But will I, Ms. Perfectionist (where's the sarcasm smiley when you need it?), go all the way back to the beginning and start over? Oh HECK no. DarkityMa is getting a voluminous Pi Are Square And Then Some Shawl whether she likes it or now.

Only question now is if I'll be able to get it to her by the time the Darkity'Rents get here on Wednesday.

That's right. This Wednesday. I'm going to shed my usual optimistic skin and predict that indeed, NO, she won't. There's no frakking way this lace is getting done by then. Not with my unintentional "enhancement" to the stitch count. Uh uh. But I'll still try. Dangit.

At least I didn't knit the DarkityBro another hat/yarmulke. Us Darkities have Noggins of Unusal Size. We got him a Trader Joe's gift certificate instead. Nothing says "I love you specifically this (insert dollar amount here) much" like a good old fashioned GC. He's also getting a shopping spree at Food Fight. We can't take the family out for dim sum without arming him with at least a few "get-by" vegan goodies, after all.

So... on with the lace! Then after this, it's all new projects for Ought Six!

2 Comments:

  • Just remember - it's not a mistake, it's a DESIGN ELEMENT. She's getting a truly one-of-a-kind shawl!

    By Blogger Bliss, at 2:02 PM  

  • Yeah! That's the ticket! :D

    I love your Wallace & Gromit user icon, btw.

    By Blogger minnaming, at 2:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home