minnamade minutes

Tuesday, November 08, 2005

One row forward, two rows back.

D'Oh!

Picture, if you will, the triumphant smirk I smirked whilst knitting the last row on the main part of my DarkityMa Shawl. It was Billy Idoleque in smirkitude. Downright athletic.

I had my lace pattern all set for contemplation in it's little plastic sleeve.

I was warm and content in my smirking.

Sure, the shawl seemed a little short. I figured the lace edging and aggressive blocking would set it to rights.

Then, just for sh*ts and gr*ns, I read back over my instructions.

Hold up.

A fourth increase row?! Followed by up to forty eight garter bumps (smug brain churns painfully to do the math... That means eighty ninety six rows (see, still can't do the maths)!)?!?!?! And a ka-zillion-zillion stitches?!?!

!!!

Yeah, that smirk dropped right off.

Ah well. This will give me plenty to StupidKnit on the plane back to NC, during any freetime I can snag during the excavation process, and whenever I need to cool down before having a temper 'splosion.*

DarkityMa finally got her purple 'shroom chemo cap ('cause I finally sent it). She looks friggin' adorable in it. Still too thin, though. Hopefully a warmer noggin will give her the strength to eat back up to her pre-chemo weight.

Now, if you'll excuse me. I have to go and reset my progress meter. Dag nabbit.

*-for those not following along in my LiveJournal: the MIL had a small fire in her house. She's OK, but we have been enlisted to help clear out her valuables in preparation of the (re)construction crew. Long story short: she's in a place mentally that will only allow certain people to go through her many, many, many things. We are her only help.

3 Comments:

  • Hi! I've been lurking for a while, so I'd figured I say hello! 90-some rows of garter would make my head explode instantly. I sympathize, I really do. Good luck! Best wishes to you and your mom.

    By Blogger Cathy, at 6:15 AM  

  • Oh gosh, I *hate* it when I do that... nothing I hate more than ripping out row after row. [sigh] Anyway, best of luck.

    By Blogger LindseyO, at 9:27 PM  

  • cathy,

    Thanks for the well wishes! It's been theraputic for me to just concentrate on the rhythym of all those stitches.

    zee,

    Math and ripping are my knitting enemies. They like to strike especially during drunken lace binges, when I am at my weakest. :P

    By Blogger minnaming, at 12:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home