minnamade minutes

Monday, October 17, 2005

One Down...


Saturday


Sleeves, socks, gloves... why is it that the first of a pair of knitted things goes by lickety-split, but the second one always takes f-o-r-e-v-e-r?

I started working on the MommaSquared Armwarmers Saturday night after spending the day yarn/art supply shopping, and having a good Meet 'n' Sniff with the local BPALers (though my right index finger did smell of Gluttony for the rest of the evening. Bleah.). Granted, I got "into the groove" and probably cranked on this sucker for a couple-three hours, but still, it seems like pretty fast progress.


Sunday


The next day we be-bopped around town for a bit. I got my unfashionable shoes rejected by the local hipster thrift store and we caught MirrorMask at the one place in all of Oregon where it is showing. When we got home I put on my audio CD of Bruce Campbell's Make Love!* (*the Bruce Campbell Way) and cranked up to the thumb hole.


Monday, so far, and Yikes!


So far tonight I've finished up the thumb and am faced with this unfortunate mass of dangly bits. The intended arm warmer wearer (MommaSquared) will soon have two inquisitive, grabby infants so I want to make sure that all the ends are neatly worked in and un-pick-out-able. She left the color choices up to me, so I hope she likes it! It has gotten The Mr's stamp of approval, and now that he has stopped wearing dyed jean shorts, I'm more inclined to trust his fashion sense.

2 Comments:

  • Hello.
    It is very good.
    I like knitting.
    (It is unskilled. )
    The season of Japan is autumn.
    I knit the muffler and the knit cap.

    By Blogger sakura56, at 7:41 PM  

  • I really like the armwarmers! I think the colors are beautiful. Good luck with weaving in those ends!

    By Blogger caitlyn, at 7:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home