minnamade minutes

Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Klumsy Kepler Komplete!


Blocking, Again, Once More


Huzzah! Kepler is finally done. I am, on the whole, very satisfied with this project. My gut was telling me all kinds of nasty, bad things. Normally, it's right, but this came out just good enough that I am NOT ripping it all the frakking way back and starting over. BUT. If I were a komplete perfectionist, I would re-knit Kepler on slightly smaller needles and in the next size up. If.

Things I did differently (besides going with a wonky yarn):
-shortened torso and sleeves to arm hole shaping for my proportions (3/4 sleeves are ok, but I like "Bermuda" length)
-mattress seamed the side seams instead of backstitch. Not sure why I did this as the backstitch would have probably lent more structure to the seams. I think it was vanity. This yarn makes a very pretty swath of stockinette! Luckily I think the pretty pretty seams as they are will be enough "backbone" to keep the sweater from drooping to my knees. Only time will tell.
-final blocking ignored in lieu of impatient photoshoot. I might get around to the final blocking eventually. More likely I'll block the first time I really wash this sucker. I'm a make/buy today, wear the same night kinda gal.


Drum roll please...



Spot the mandatory imbedded cat hair and win a prize!*



It wasn't until I took this picture that I realized I had put the sweater on backwards.



Pose: courtesy of NotHavingaTripod. Expression: courtesy of SpousalGentleMockeryatKnittingObsession


Even with less-than-ideal yarn (which is fabulous, just not perfect for Kepler!), this is a great go-anywhere sweater. I'm definitely making another one.

*Prize=Smug satisfaction at being a neater knitter than I.

6 Comments:

  • Thank you!

    By Blogger minnaming, at 12:04 PM  

  • Wow, it looks great! Thanks for sharing your project notes/thoughts.

    By Blogger caitlyn, at 4:03 PM  

  • I really like that yarn and thanks for posting a close up shot of the i-cord neck!

    By Blogger Unknown, at 6:33 PM  

  • I cheated a little in the i-cord shot (by accident, what with the backwards sweater sporting). The actual front looks a little rough... for some reason it always takes me about half the finished length to get the hang of a smooth i-cord (applied, or stand-alone).

    I love the look of applied i-cord, but hate the fidgeting needed to get my sloppy i-cord up to snuff.

    By Blogger minnaming, at 10:46 AM  

  • I LOVE LOVE LUV this sweater. great pattern great yarn!

    By Blogger UrbanGypZ, at 6:53 AM  

  • Beautiful, I love how it turned out and the yarn is just gorgeous. Do you love it?

    By Blogger WandaWoman, at 12:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home