minnamade minutes

Thursday, November 17, 2005

I'm present...

... but not really here.

Y'all have read about my mother and her ongoing struggle with breast cancer. Add on top of that worry the recent MIL house fire. What I didn't mention in my last post is that she (MIL) is an obsessive compulsive hoarder. We felt it necessary to make an emergency trip Back East to help her through all the changes happening in her life.

Long story short: a lot of work got done, a lot more is left to do, but the MIL seems to be handling it all pretty well.

I'm in the interminable part of the PiAreSquare Shawl for my own mother. Currently I'm averaging about 30-45 minutes per row. I'm not freakishly fast with the knitting, but I can usually garter stitch at a pretty good clip, so that's... a ginormous number of stitches on my needles at the moment.

At this current rate, I'm guesstimating I'll be done with the shawl just in time for my parents' visit here in mid-January. Right now I've got about 40-ish garter bumps (or 80 rows) until the shawl body is done, then picking up stitches (how the heck am I gonna do this?) for the edges, and the 16 rows (times a kazillion zillion stitches) of lace to finish it up.

I have a few other side projects in the works, but I really, really want to get through the shawl o doom first.

Having said all that... no update pics to post as it'll just be more o' the same purple/fuscia/greenish blobby what-the-heck-is-that-thing. I'm trying to stay positive about the project. My usual MO is to ultimately curse the snot out of whatever it is on which I am working at the moment, but this is a special project for a special lady, and I don't want her to pick up on the HATE with which I usually imbue my work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home