minnamade minutes

Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Calmer, Indeed

I've lurked knitblogs for a while. There's a lot of zeitgeist knitting going on out there. I'm not a non-conformist, but it took me a while to come around on a lot of "trends" (see also: Charlotte's Web Shawl). This was partly because I was trying to get my skills to catch up with y'all, and partly because I'm a cheap bastard and my last few yarn substitution experiments were duds (see also: The Knit Stitch Accidental Einstein "Vest" and "The Kepler that Almost Kould").

Well today, about a year and a half late, I'd like to let you know I'm One Step Closer to Audreyphilia.

I started on DarkityMa's second chemo cap last night. It's the Shedir pattern from the special Breast Cancer Awareness issue of Knitty that Elle (no blog, but she's on blogger, hi!) pointed out to me a while ago. I'm knitting it in a soft pink shade of Rowan's Calmer and OMIGODYES. It is the most lovely yarn evah.

I'm having minor splitting issues, but that's probably because I'm trying to cable without a cable needle and I went down to size 2 Addi Turbos... so I'm poking my stitches this way and that way with little metal spears.

Seriously? When I win the lottery (which follows "when I actually buy a lottery ticket") I'll be splurging on enough Calmer to finally make Audrey so that I can patpatpat my tummy on not-so-good days.

Next up: learning how to TXT MSG people on my cellphone. (Why is everybody hatin' on the vowels?)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home